Organizers: Lithuanian School of Sommelier, Lithuanian Sommelier Association (LSA) and Association of Head Chefs and Pastry Chefs of Lithuania (LRVVKA).
Target of the competition: to select the best pairings of wine and dessert of 2017.
Order of the competition: each competitor has to prepare 9 portions of wine and desert and to serve them for jury. No time limits for presentation. Languages of presentation: Lithuanian, English or French. No restrictions for the choice of wine. Competition will be held in front of public.
- Competitiors: teams of chefs and sommeliers or single participants. Competitors have to use their own glasware, dishware and silver. Organizers will provide a table were desert and wine have to be served.
- There will be available basic kitchen equipment: freezer, refrigerator, electric stove in the place of competition two hours before start. Please inform in advance if more equipment or time is needed – we will do our best to arrange it.
- Championship will be held on the 20th, November, 2017 (Monday) at 16.00 in Vilnius, location will ne announced later.
- Deadline for registration: 10th November, 2017: email@example.com, tel. no. +370 5 2159438.
- Jury (7 members) will be appointed by organizers. Most of the jury members are international and Lithuanian food & wine journalists, independent experts.
15:00 drawing of the lots of the order of presentation
16:00 introduction of competitors and of jury members
16:20 -19:00 – competition for jury and competitors, tasting program for public
20:00 – award ceremony.
- Criteria of evaluation:
- Profesionalims and artistic effects of presentation (10%);
- Estetics of the desert, reasoning of the wine choice (25%);
- Match of appearance, aroma and taste of wine and desert (65%);
- Prize winners will be anounced and awarded according to the aggregated evaluation by jury.
List of special prizes will be announced not later than 15th October, 2017.
Competition fee: 25 Euros. Fee for the members of Lithuanian sommelier association – 15 Euros.